*This post contains affiliate links.
I’m back and
better than ever temporarily disabled!
In seriousness, I apologize from the lack of attention the blog has been getting. Writing took a backseat to some other opportunities (Check us out in the April Issue of Design & Living) and to some DIY projects around the house, namely our basement stairs.
Then a week ago, I broke my foot stepping off the side of those just about completed stairs, minutes after meeting with a contractor to finalize the railing measurements. In my defense it’s less than 2 ft high. I thought my bones could handle it. I was wrong. (Get the whole story here.) It was a very “Katie” thing to do, and I spent the majority of my hospital visit laughing at the absurdity of it. I’m in very little pain, but it was a pretty bad break, so I’ll be rocking a walking cast for at least another 5 weeks. I’m also not allowed to put weight on it, so I go between using crutches and a scooter. That’s right. I have a scooter and it’s awesome. I be rollin’. (It really is a shame E isn’t old enough to be embarrassed by me yet!)
Moving Rollin on.
We have officially had a few movie nights in the basement, thanks to the comfy leather sectional we got through Roger + Chris and our nifty projector. Our bottom floor is finally livable, but still not complete. Meaning we are finally past the major construction phase and onto the finishing details and decorating stage.
I’ll be posting updates on the blog, but follow my IG stories for real time updates. I’m considering doing a Facebook Live video of it’s current state. Would you like that?
We haven’t made a lot of progress on the decorating front, aside from in the guest bedroom, which is still in need of comforters and art.
I’ve also been eyeing this chair for ages, but can’t decide if it’s the right mood for the basement entertainment room, or if I should save it for a project we are plotting on the main floor.
Stay tuned for vision boards!
There is so much more I want to share, but given it’s St. Patty’s Day and I have green beer to drink, I’ll leave our life and home updates at that. Now that I’m mandated to spend the majority of my day sitting I should have more structured posts coming your way!
However, I can’t sign off without sharing the best online sales because holiday weekends are the best shopping weekends! Enjoy and cheers!
- Pottery Barn: 17% off regular priced items, including furniture. Code: LUCKY
- West Elm: Get 20% off your entire order + free shipping using the code SCORE. Bedroom furniture is also marked 20-30% off.
- William Sonoma: Get free fast shipping on all orders using the code FREESHIP + Nespresso Coffee & Expresso Brewers are 25% off.
- William Sonoma Home: 20% off entire order + free shipping. Code: HOME
- The Vintage Rug Shop: All rugs on sale for 20% off. Used code SPRING20 at checkout. Sale ends Sunday.
- Serena & Lily: Friends & Family Event. Get 20% off everything using the code MUSTHAVE. Shop my picks from their sale below.